The Underground blog




Ok so once again we are drawing close to the end of another year, Underground wise has definitely not slowed down! As I write this I have a bunch of Unreleased flavour just waiting to be seen/heard by you. It’s a great time of the year because you can sit back and reflect on what you’ve done and what we may change for 2013. I’ll have further details on that in my next blog, for now lets talk November/December’s Madchild/Stir Crazy edition.

First up Madchild is Surprisingly new to me, I’ll admit it. A few months back I posted on face book asking “Who would you most like to hear an interview from?” there was an over whelming response with MadChild. I’d seen a few of his videos in the past but never purchased an album, so I ordered “Dope Sick” which had dropped in late August, and am I ever glad that I did! The album is nothing short of a master piece and possibly the best of 2012 (I’m in the middle of trying to work out my fav now) lyrically Madchild is on top of his game, his videos are fun and in a matter of months I’ve gone from not knowing him to becoming one of his biggest fans.
Once I knew the album back to front it was time to organise an interview and I really wanted to end 2012 on a high note, so Madchild was the perfect fit. It was all slated in for November 17th at 7am my time, I called a few times and didn’t get an answer. Once again it looked like a no go, instead of getting in a mad panic I texted him and to my surprise around an hour later he replied explaining he had slept in and he was very apologetic. No need to reschedule, I just called him then and there and got the interview happening and the out come I feel was an extreemly good one. Not only is Madchild a very talented artist but he’s a very good and humble person, I was impressed all round.
We covered a whole bunch in the interview including the making of “Dope Sick”, why collaborations are no longer a big deal, his real life drug battles, future projects, his fans (the Battle Axe Warriors) and just a whole lot more. Sometimes I finish up an interview and think I really could have done better or I wish the artist talked more! This was certainly not the case, I’m telling you now “Madchild” is the real deal! A big thankyou also has to go out to Simon Davidson (Simple DGAF), for helping me out with some questions! Sorry I didn’t get to ask many man.  Like Madchild on facebook right here -
www.facebook.com/Madchild.Official?fref=ts

I’d had my second guest booked in for awhile and was very excited to finally talk to the one and only Jesse“Stir Crazy”. I don’t even remember when I started talking to Jesse but it’s safe to say he is without doubt “The dopest dude in the Underground”. Last month I said that Prozak was probably the closest thing I had to an overseas friend (artist wise) through the Underground, thats true to a point but this dude right here I definitely consider a homie! Stir Crazy is a producer that is based in Detroit and has worked with pretty much everybody including the record labels that get the most exposure in the Underground“Psychopathic”, “Strange Music” and “Suburban Noize”. The great thing about him though is despite working with these massive names he doesn’t think he is above helping out the little guy! His beats/instrumentals feature throughout many of the more little known artists (songs/music) or tomorrows big names as he likes to call them! Yep that says it right there, Stir Crazy is awesome.
I was actually nervous to talk to Jesse and he like me is a bit of a perfectionist, likes everything to go right and sound 100%. I wasn’t super happy with our interview as I can tell listening back I was a bit nervous, hell this dude has been in Violent J’s home studio and worked with a lot of my heroes in the game. Once again proving that he’s always down to help out he edited up the interview and even got his homie (Killator, Corpse Circus) to make the poster! Thankyou sincerely to both of you and I hope to work with Killator in the future aswell!
We cover so much in this interview and it is VERY interesting to any Underground enthusiast “His Detroit influence, Working with big names, Production influences/tips, merchandise, current projects, future projects and just so much more! Seriously have a listen and you’ll find yourself intrigued by Stir Crazy and some of the names he drops will make your ears prick up! It seems absolutely criminal to me that we have more facebook likes than Jesse, please like his page right here -
www.facebook.com/StirCrazyMusic
Music wise we MOST DEFINITELY have you covered! New tracks from Vinnie Paz, Twiztid and Cold 187! Obviously we feature MadChild songs and just a little taste of some Stir Crazy music that he has produced (Twiztid, Kottonmouth Kings, Boondox, Monoxide!!) plus Necro, The Snowgoons, Grewsum and Killator from Corpse Circus!
The show also features music news, tour news, a Funk Volume wrap up, the return of Fitz and just a whole bunch more! I’m very happy with how this one has turned out and if you haven’t heard it yet, get amongst it right here free of charge -
www.undergroundradio.net.au/site/home.html
Christmas is just around the corner and some holidays to follow which will be a good chance to catch up on some things Underground wise, stay posted here for all up coming details of things to come. Any feedback or suggestions are always welcome, please keep in mind I am just one dude and its hard to keep up with all the “Play my songs, interview me etc” requests that I get. Trying my best homies (haha) email me here –ned@undergroundradio.net.au

If you have been told you will get an interview and haven’t heard back from me, please email again. Chances are I’ve lost or over looked your details. Also just so you know  in 2013 there will be a lot less submission type interviews as they are too hard to keep up with..
Albums on Regular Rotation at the Tepper Household in November –
MadChild– Dope Sick

Twiztid– Abominationz
Rittz– White Jesus Revival
Cold 187 – The Only Sollution
Insane Clown Posse – The Mighty Death Pop
Chop Shop – Welcome To The Chop Shop

0 comments: